If you’re launching a new website or re-designing an existing one, it’s important to perform an audit SEO website before you launch the new site to ensure you don’t miss any critical on-page elements that can affect your rankings. In this article, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of performing an SEO audit on your website. But first, let’s take a look at what an audit actually is.
What is an audit in general?
It is a comprehensive analysis of your website’s health. It covers everything from your website’s structure and code to your content and off-site factors. By conducting an SEO audit, you can identify areas of improvement and make changes that will help your website rank higher in search engine results pages. Although he does not solve problems, he can name them, describe them and find a solution for them.
The most common types of SEO audits are on-page, off-page, content, and UX audits.
On-page SEO is about improving the keywords that are on the page. Off-page SEO refers to factors outside of the website that affect rankings such as links, social media activity, comments, etc. Content audit helps with relevancy and quality while UX audit ensures a positive user experience. An audit can take anywhere from an hour to several days depending on what you’re looking for.
What to look for when auditing your website
Six basic questions.
- Check your website’s title tags and meta descriptions. Are they optimized for your target keywords?
- Take a look at your website’s content. Is it keyword-rich and informative?
- Analyze your website’s backlink profile. Are you getting links from high-quality websites?
- Check your website’s load time. Is it fast enough to keep visitors engaged?
- Evaluate your website’s mobile friendliness. Is it easy to navigate on a mobile device? If not, check out Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test Tool, which can help determine if you need to update your site.
- Search for broken links on your site. If any are found, find out where the link is supposed to point, then fix the link so that it leads there instead of elsewhere in the page or site.
Examples of common problems people run into when trying to optimize their websites
- Not enough keyword research.
- Ignoring on-page optimization.
- Not enough meta tags.
- Ignoring user experience.
- Low quality content.
- No engagement with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.
- Building links without a strategy and breaking the law (spam).
- Too many ads and not enough focus on the customer’s journey through your website.
- Inconsistent naming of images and videos.
- Not optimizing your contact information.
The results of the audit
By auditing your website, you can identify areas that need improvement and make changes that will help your website rank higher in search engine results pages. Here are five tips for conducting a successful SEO audit. Identify your goals. Analyze your current situation. By fixing these issues, you can improve your website’s visibility and attract more visitors. As a result, you can see increased traffic and engagement on your website.
SEO audit done by experts
It’s a good idea to have a specialist SEO agency audited. This will make it objective. Experts use the latest tools for this, unavailable for independent analysis. Learn the best London SEO and put yourself in safe hands. Thanks to this, you will get a reliable instruction that will allow you to implement the appropriate steps to your strategy.
Conducting an SEO audit is a crucial part of any digital marketing strategy. By auditing your website, you can identify areas that need improvement and make changes that will help your site rank higher in search engine results pages. Plus, regular audits can help you keep track of your progress and ensure that your efforts are paying off.
Main photo: Jason Goodman/unsplash.com